Information 925 Sterling Silver

All of Parte Di Me's jewellery is made of 925 sterling silver. 925 sterling silver is a high-quality and strong material that will keep your jewellery beautiful and retain its value over the years.

Silver jewellery has been incredibly popular for years! An important reason to choose silver is, of course, the price. If you compare it to gold jewellery, silver is a lot cheaper than gold. This makes silver jewellery very accessible. Another reason to choose silver is that silver generally has more design possibilities because silver is easier to work with. 

Want to know more about the composition of our jewellery and what 925 sterling silver exactly means? Then you've come to the right place! On this page, we tell you everything you need to know about our silver jewellery.

What is 925 sterling silver?

925 sterling silver is a term you will come across often, especially if you are looking for silver jewellery. But what exactly is 925 sterling silver? The number combination 925 stands for the amount of silver in the jewellery. This is measured in percentages. 925 stands for 92.5 per cent.

A piece of jewellery consists of a composition of different metals, or an alloy. 925 therefore stands for an alloy of 92.5% silver. The remaining 7.5% consists of another metal. Often this is copper. It is not possible to make jewellery from pure silver because this material is too soft and will quickly scratch or break itself. 925 sterling silver is the highest grade of silver found in jewellery.

Why choose 925 silver?

Silver is an authentic precious metal and retains its value. Silver jewellery always stays in fashion and is therefore timeless. What is also nice about silver jewellery is that it is a lot more affordable than gold jewellery, for example. Of course, it is also important that silver looks good on you and fits your personal style.

Taking care of silver jewellery

Jewellery made of 925 sterling silver has a beautiful luster but can become discoloured over time. They can even turn black in some cases. Discolouration of your silver jewellery is caused by a chemical reaction caused by the silver coming into contact with hydrogen sulphide. Hydrogen sulphide is found in the air and in other substances. Silver also reacts to the acidity of your skin. This is different in everyone so silver jewellery may discolour faster in one person than another.

Of course you want to enjoy your silver jewellery as long as possible, so we have listed a few tips for you.

  • Do not swim, exercise or shower with your silver jewellery.
  • Sleep without your jewellery. This way, the skin's own acidity cannot affect the silver.
  • Make sure you put on your daily grooming, make-up, perfume, etc. before wearing your silver jewellery. 
  • Store your silver jewellery in a moisture-free environment. For instance, a jewellery box is perfect for keeping all your jewellery neat and safe. 

We also recommend cleaning up your silver jewellery once in a while. With our cleaning set you will make your silver jewellery shine again! 

Silver jewellery for women from Parte Di Me

At Parte Di Me, you will find high-quality jewellery made of 925 sterling silver for every woman. Timeless, classic and elegant. Parte Di Me has an incredibly wide range of silver jewellery. Order exclusive silver jewellery at Parte Di Me! 

  • usp-truck

    Ordered before 22:00 shipped the same day

  • Typography Style Guide Copy 5

    Free shipping
    from €50 (in EU)

  • usp-return

    30 days
    return policy